We had auditions at the beginning of August and it’s literally taken us four weeks to get to really rolling. Guys are always an issue with doing theater around here. We didn’t have enough guys (or the right age guys) show up. So, the Music Director and I spent about a week and a half just trying to get the principals cast and then another couple of weeks trying to get the ensemble all filled out. It’s been the worst time I have ever had trying to get a show up and running. I hate having to run around and track people down for parts. It stresses me out and makes me anxious. But, we finally did get all the roles filled out with good folks.
Now, it’s dealing with scheduling. Various folks have conflicts and that’s made the last two weeks fun. Plus, our lead guy won’t be in until next week.
We are one month out now from opening … so hopefully I won’t screw it all up. There are still sets, costumes, lights and sound to worry about. Gah!